Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage customer portal (queues)?

Šimek Miroslav August 4, 2020

Hi. I found out our custostomer cannot see in customer portal in request overview all open tickets. F.e. status RESOLVED - no issues. How can I manage queues for customers? Like I can manage queues in project Service Desk. 

Thank you for support.

Miroslav

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hello @Šimek Miroslav,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Tickets in the customer portal are visible when a valid Request type is added. 

With that said, when a customer creates a ticket using the portal or the email channel, the Request type is automatically filled. 

After that, if an agent moves the ticket to another project or changes the Issue type (in this case when using a Classic project), the Request type might be empty and the ticket won't be visible for the customer anymore. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 16.14.22.png

This issue also happens when an agent creates a ticket using the "Create" button in Jira (agent view) and doesn't add a Request type. 

Please, check if the affected tickets have a Request type. If not, once you add a Request type, customers will be able to see the tickets in the portal.

Regards,
Angélica

Šimek Miroslav August 7, 2020

Thank you Angelica for reply. It seems there is different issue. I attached screenshot from Helpdesk centre (in local language). When I added my account into customer's group I a can see all request, but not in all statuses (f.e. I can see DONE, not visible RESOLVED). Also sorting is not wokring in this view. I have an idea, I will create a view for customer myself.

Also you can see customer can see both SD project - real data and also DEMO data.

Šimek Miroslav August 9, 2020

InkedJSD_help centre.jpg

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Thank you for the details, @Šimek Miroslav.

Tickets will be visible in the portal when the request type is filled, otherwise, it will be visible only for agents when viewing the ticket in Jira.

When you say that you added your account to their group, do you mean the Organizations, is that correct?

If that's the case, the tickets shared will show on this menu:

22.png

Note that, it's not recommended that you add yourself to the customer's organization or as request participants because you are a licensed agent and add your account as a customer may cause confusion and you won't receive notifications.

Regarding the Demo ticket, it shows because you have access to the project. If a customer is not added to the Demo project and the ticket is not shared with them, they won't see it in their queue.

Please, confirm if the tickets in the status Resolved has a Request type.

Šimek Miroslav August 11, 2020

Thank you Angelica for relevant support.

1. Not visible tickets in customer's portal are missing request type or organisation. When completed - visible.
  2. Yes, I added myself into customer's organisation - at least to see the same view like customer. I understand your recommendation.
  3. Regarding DEMO - understood.
  4. Ticket in status RESOLVED has Request type (request) and still not visible in customer's view

New question: how can I manage customer's queue? Currently is sorted by update time. I would prefer sorting by "Key". 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2020

Thank you for the information. 

Customers can see their requests in the portal if they are the reporter, participant, or member of an organization. 

Since the ticket has a request type, you must confirm if you have permission on the ticket. 

If you have one of those 3 permissions, can you try to open the request directly? 

Open any ticket from the same project in the portal and on the URL change the issue key and add the issue key from a Resolved ticket to check if it will show any error.

xxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/12/IT-123

Can you create a test ticket and change the status to Resolved to check if the same issue will occur?

Is it a classic or a next-gen project?

Regarding sorting tickets in the customer view, it's not possible to do that yet. There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Šimek Miroslav August 13, 2020

Hi Angelica,

when key manually changed to ticket in status RESOLVED like you desrcibed, I can open and see the ticket. Any error occured.

When created test ticket and status RESOLVED (flag done) ticket dissapeared from the customer portal view.

It is classic project.

M.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2020

Thank you for testing, @Šimek Miroslav.

Since it's a classic project, there is some configuration that we can check.

On classic projects, we can change the name of the status to show something different for the customer. This can be checked on Project settings > Request types > Edit fields (for the desired request type) > Workflow statuses.

With that said, a ticket can show as Resolved for the agent, but in the portal, it can show as Closed.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 09.54.04.png

Another thing is Issue Security, can you confirm using the Agent view if the resolved ticket doesn’t have any security level?

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 09.40.39.png

If that's the case, it's necessary to confirm what is changing this, if it's an Automation or a Post Function on the workflow. 

For the Automation, go to Project settings > Project automation and confirm if there is any automation that might be changing something when the ticket is marked as Resolved.

For Post functions, go to Project settings > Workflows > Click to edit the desired workflow > Select the Diagram mode > Select the transition to Resolved and check if there is any Post Function that is changing something on the issue when it's Resolved.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 09.45.38.png

If possible, send us a screenshot of the test ticket that you created and changed to Resolved and a screenshot of the History tab in the ticket. Just make sure to hide private information.

Regarding the portal, if you go to My requests and change to see only "Closed requests", "Created by anyone" and "Any request type" do the Resolved tickets appear?

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.02.20.png

It would also be important to confirm with a customer if they are facing the same issue for the requests they created.

Šimek Miroslav August 17, 2020

Hi Angelica,

from my point of view, there is just issue with filtering all requests in customer portal. There is nothing wrong with automatic and security level.

What is helpful: in customer view, if I selected closed tickets I can see all tickets in status CLOSED and also RESOLVED. It means the ticket did not disappear itself. But customer cannot see it like a open (to do) ticket. 

Status RESOLVED we are using that way: from my prospective is DONE and I am waiting final aproval from customer. See status flow attached.

flow.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 19, 2020

Thank you for sharing the details, @Šimek Miroslav

What you said is expected. All issues on the "Green" status will show in the portal if the customer selects to view tickets from "Any status" or "Closed requests".

By default, when we go to Requests > Created by me/Organization/Approvals it will show tickets To Do and In Progress. Then to see Done ticket, it's necessary to change the filter.

If your customers have questions about how to use the portal, you can share a tutorial I created of how they can use the portal and what each menu means.

Šimek Miroslav August 25, 2020

RESOLVED we changed into blue (To Do and In Progress). Only CANCELED and CLOSED are in DONE (green).

Just in workflow made by us Resolution Status Screen is missing. It means tickets CLOSED or CANCELED has no done date. This we will setup again and it will work properly.

Summary: In customer's portal are visible all statuses. RESOLVED status should has no RESOLUTION reason/screen and is visible in open tickets.

Thank you Angelica for support.

Miroslav

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events