I am trying to implement Jira service desk and have created test customer accounts.
When i delete the user it does delete, but then it appears again in the user management screen. Is it not possible to delete a customer rather then just deactivating.
Project settings are as below:
Who can raise requests?
Who can customers share requests with?
hi @Varsha Oswal ,
ServiceDesk customers are a little special in the user directories as they are unlicensed user external accounts, with various avenues of activation, in your case it looks like you have it configured with public sign up so ant communication externally creates the account.
Overall It is always recommended to deactivate a user over removal as covered in "Create, edit, or remove a user" , and the additional process for removing customers is covered in this kb:
Thanks for the reply.
As mentioned above, the accounts created were just test accounts for testing purpose.
Is there not any way to remove that account completely ?
Is there a workaround it, something where I can copy over the whole project, but not the users/customers?
Hi @Varsha Oswal ,
To fully Delete the user you will want to delete all content that is tied to the user first, Like issue reporter, comments, or filter shares, and this is covered in the "Create, edit, or remove a user" KB under the "Delete User" section. Noting there are still going to be some caveaots:
Before you delete, note that:
- You cannot delete a user from within Jira if you are using External User Management (However, you can deactivate the user. See instructions above).
- You cannot delete a user from Jira if they have:
- reported or been assigned to any issues.
- commented on any issues.
- The filters and dashboards of a user will be deleted when the user is deleted, even if the filters or dashboards are shared with other users.
- All issues that have been reported by or assigned to the user you are attempting to delete, are respectively hyperlinked to a list of the individual issues in the Issue Navigator.
Then the instructions to delete are in the expandable section below the info block titled "To delete a user:"
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event