Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unhide request type groups on the sidebar?

Emmanuel September 1, 2017

This is a really silly question, but somehow on my user I've hidden the group menu in Request Types in project settings on my JSD project. I've logged in as other users and asked other admins at my org and none of them have this issue. It happens across projects and it's really weird because there's no obvious way to unhide them. I'm hoping it's something really simple and I've just had a brain fart, but I can't find it for the life of me in the documentation or by searching.

I've attached a screenshot of what my screen looks like, any help would be highly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 1.46.29 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Emmanuel, 

It looks like you could be running into the following bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5128 

Please try the workaround - you'll need to adapt the URL to your server URL instead of atlassian.net. 

Let us know how it goes! :)

Emmanuel September 4, 2017

Hi Keri,

This solution worked for me, thanks! It's weird that this bug only affected my account and none of our other admins but I'm glad it was an obscure bug and not something I missed :)

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Hi,

So maybe this is a permissions thing?  Are you a project admin only?  Or are you a jira-admin as well?

What is the other account?

Susan

I'm a project admin and a jira-admin. The other account I tested with was just a project admin, but my fellow JIRA admins are all project and jira admins. The only distinction in permissions for me is that I'm also a system administrator, which shouldn't matter I hope.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

I'm all 3 of those and have never seen my request type group column disappear.

Do you have any plugins installed?

We currently use JIRA Suite Utilities, Mobility for JIRA, Active Directory Attributes Sync, Automation for JIRA (we use this one heavily), and Extension for JIRA Service Desk.

Also I might mention that we have a testing environment where it works okay there.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2017

I think you have a support case.  I'm at a loss.  I too have most of those plugins and many more and am not encountering any issues.

Okay, I've submitted a support case. If Atlassian is able to solve it, I'll post an update with the resolution. Thanks so much for your help Susan.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2017

Hi Emmanual,

So glad this was an actual bug and i was quite stumped on this one.

Susan

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2017

Wow that's weird.  Is it because you only have one group "Common Issues"?  What happens if you "Edit Groups" on a request type?  Can you see more groups?  Maybe check them off?

Susan

Hi Susan!

The funny thing is that we have multiple groups, which makes it hard to edit request types :)

See the attached screenshots for more context (The second one is from a different account, not the same one!)

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.05.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.07.12 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events