Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign a JIRA issue to a current user on Pending transition?

Arthur Lovato June 14, 2019

I created a Pending (Open to Pending) post function "Assign to Current User" but the issue always gets assigned to project lead (me). I went into permissions schemes - Assignable User permissions and made sure each single users are assigned. 

Everything I read online is for Create Issue transition Not Pending transition. THX

2 answers

0 votes
Arthur Lovato June 14, 2019

Pending answer

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2019

Hi @Arthur Lovato 

Sorry for the late reply. 

I looked through the document and the yes there are no options for this.

May I ask if you have scriptrunner add-on  or any other workflow add-ons installed as they grant you this functionality?

Thanks.

Like Arthur Lovato likes this
Arthur Lovato June 27, 2019

Are these Jira add-on(s) or 3rd party? 

Where would I go about getting these add-on(s)? THX

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

These are add-ons @Arthur Lovato .

Sorry for the late reply.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2019

Hi @Arthur Lovato 

Are you using JIRA service desk and if yes, is the user an agent?

If you are using the post-function, did you set the condition to get the current logged in user? This is required for the assign to current user to work as stated here

Assigns the issue to the user who is executing the transition.

(info) This post function is ignored unless the user has the Assignable User permission. Create a condition to give the logged-in user this permission before executing the transition.

If possible get me a screenshot of both the condition and post-function section of your workflow.

Cheers.

Arthur Lovato June 18, 2019

Yes, I'm using Jira Service Desk (JSD) and users are assigned as Service Desk Team agents. 

I do not see a condition to get the current logged in user

Condition List.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events