Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i require users to log in to submit tickets but not to view knowledge base?

Dave R
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2018

I want to allow users to go to our JSD portal, search and view the knowledge base without needing to login.

I do want users to have an account to submit tickets however, to ensure these can be tracked and controlled. 

This seems like a very standard use case and I cannot make the permissions deliver this scenario.

How can i achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
If you want to allow customers to see the pages of a space without logging in, you must enable anonymous access on Confluence.
Customers will be able to see articles in the customer portal only if they are logged in, but if you need customers to see pages without logging in, then you can enable public access to Confluence. They will be able to see Confluence pages directly in Confluence, not the customer portal and note that anyone will be able to see the pages.
You can find more information on the link below:
- Setting Up Public Access

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events