Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can developers log work time?

Susi Moser August 17, 2017

Do I understand correctly that support agents (= have service desk license) can create „linked issues“ to collaborate with developers (= JIRA Software users; they have no service desk license), but the developers can’t log work time on that "linked issue"?
Info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver036/setting-up-service-desk-users-921471667.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-limit

If that is the case, how are developers supposed to log their work time?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

Hi Susi,

So the Support Agents create a linked issue in a NON service Desk project (e.g. Software project) for the developers.  The developers can log their time only in the Software project.

Cheers,

Susi Moser August 18, 2017

Hi Susan, thank you very much for your help. I overlooked that I can select the project when I create a linked issue for the developer team.

0 votes

Do i assume rightly that the Time Tracking of the request issue (JIRA Service Desk) includes logged work time of 'Sub-Tasks' but not of 'Linked Issues'? The logged work time of my developers seems not to show up in the request issue.

time-tracking-service-desk.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

correct. linked issues are not included in the time log for an issue.

Hello Jack, thank you for your prompt reply. :-)

Well, it is a little disappointing that JIRA Service Desk Time Tracking does not include also the linked issues.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2017

Hi Susi,

This is beyond just service desk this is a known missing? feature in JIRA. 

THis question may be of interest:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/JIRA-Time-Tracking-to-include-Linked-Issues/qaq-p/298827

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events