How can I log in portal as a reporter customer user?

How can I log in Service Desk portal as a customer user?
On one of the webinars I have got the answer that is a feature in JIRA called
"Log in as ", but how it use I don't understand.

2 answers

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 14, 2017

@Vitaly, I assume you are an admin and you want to login as if you were a customer. I do this by using a 'personal' email account. Such as a gmail account. I use this for testing quite a bit. Log in as really isn't for JSD when considering a Customer. Log in as is a JIRA function that allows you to log in as any user if you are an admin.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

@Vitaly, so my recommendation will no achieve you goal?

@Jack Brickey, Your advice is clear. Thank You! But it is not convenient because JIRA ServiceDesk doesn't allow to move a 'personal account' between some Organizations and I will have to such account for each Organisation.

My goal consist to do it without create special personal account each time and Log In as any exiting user.

0 vote

On Cloud, you'll get the option to "log in as" a customer if you are an admin.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I am an admin and use Cloud versions of Service Desk and JIRA. Could you explain to me step by step how can I use option "log in as a customer"? Where is the option available in UI?

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]Unfortunately your instruction explains how log in as a staff user, but I need "log in as a customer" (Service Desk portal customer ). Is there a way in reality?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

790 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you