How can I link a service request to an existing rally user story?

1 answer

0 votes

This doesn't really have enough information to answer.  Are you saying you have JIRA, with Service Desk, and a separate Rally system with stories in it?  Have you set up an application link between JIRA and Rally?

The service request exists in Jira. The US already exists in Rally. I believe their is an application link because I know how to create a US in Rally that does not already exist for a JIRA service request. I'm not sure what to do if the US already exists.

Ok. As an agent in JIRA (not the user who raises it, as they have a simplified veiw of the requests), you should be able to use the "link" function on the request to link to the Story in Rally, if the application link is set up to support it. Even if it's not, then the agent can still use the link function and put in the plain https link.

Thanks. I've passed this off to another team member who seems to know how to handle this. I will work with him to see how we do it at Wind River Systems. Thanks for your help, I do understand what you are saying.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

18,509 views 13 31
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you