How Can i create queues based on the Selected Groups

Hello,

I am have a little question. 

A Few Days ago i setup JIRA with JIRA Service Desk. I just created an Customer Portal. 

I really like how simle this is but i cannot find a way to create Queues based on the Groups i created.

I hope you understand what i mean and there is a way how i can make this possible.

Thank you 

Christian

1 answer

Hello Christian, queues are simply filters that you define via search, and into which issues "migrate" once created from the portal (it's really just issues meeting the search criteria). Queues help automate triage and sorting and provide a dedicated interface for your team (much like a highly streamlined dashboard). It may be worth noting that while queue creation isn't dynamic, the result set of issues is constantly updated based on issues meeting the criteria. You can read more about creating them here:

It's possible to include assignment parameters in your queue filter. This would allow issues to migrate to a queue A sample would be:

• project = ESD and (assignee in membersOf("Level2Ops") or assignee = "lvl2ops") and resolution is empty order by "Time to resolution" DESC

Here, I'm actually looking for group membership or a specific assignee in order to draw issues into this queue.

If you've got a different need, please elaborate in comments. Cheers 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

260 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot