Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Custom Request Type : Field does not belong to the Request Type

krishnakanth_av December 14, 2018

Hi,

we have created a New issue type "Content Change" and has the workflow and screen configured. We are trying to add a Request Type in Service Desk portal and select the issuetype as "Content Change". However when we try to click on EDIT FIELD, We are getting an error saying "Field does not belong to the Request Type".

We are trying hard to find out what cause the issue but unfortunately we could not find it.

We really need help to solve this issue very urgently.

Regards

Krishna

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2018
krishnakanth_av December 16, 2018

Hi,

We are yet to implement the DB change in Jira.

However the select statement returns one row with the id and we are going to update based on it.

My question is why we need to consider "Summary" only ? Why cannot we consider other fields.

Will I able to edit the fileds POST DB changes  i.e.,  update the set isrequired = 'true' considering fieldidentifier = 'summary'  and corresponding ID.

Regards

Krishna

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

I can not give you more details on this KB. It was written by Atlassian. I think Atlassian found that the summary field makes this error appear.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events