Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Attachment file size into Jira Service Desk

Lindsay Edwards September 25, 2017

I am a Jira Admin and Jira Service Desk admin and have run into problems with email attachment files larger than 10MB completely stopping all emails flowing into Jira Service Desk.

We are running Jira 7.2.7 and Jira Service Desk 3.2.0 (server)All requests come in via 365 from internal employees that don't have Jira Service Desk access.

I have updated our Jira Settings Attachment size limit in System>Advanced>Attachments to 19.7 MB but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. Is there a setting in Jira Service Desk Project Settings that needs to be updated or are none Jira users just unable to email in attachments larger then 10 MB?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

yep that 10Mb is the limit

from the documentation the following....

• File formats: GIFs, JPGs, PNGs
  • A valid file name cannot contain any of these characters: '\', '/','\"', '%', ':', '$', '?', '*'.
  • By default, the maximum size of any one file is 10MB, although this limit can be customized by your Jira admin.

Lindsay Edwards September 25, 2017

I did increase the Attachment File Size limit but maybe I needs to add permissions to my none users group to allow them to email larger file sizes?

The large files are totally unnecessary but I have people who don't realize there attached indd file is 21MB and it creates all types of issues. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 11.56.53 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events