Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer notifications are in wrong language

Finn Harsfort January 27, 2018

I am an experienced JIRA administrator, but new to JSD. I have configured the portal in JSD to support English and Danish language.

For a particular issue raised by a danish customer on the portal, the portal language for the issue is set to Danish. 

When the customer configures his JSD profile to Danish language, all is working correct and he receives notifications in danish.

However, if the customer configures his JSD profile to "detect browser settings", (which is the default) and the browser language (Google Chrome) is set to danish, the customer receives notifications in English. 

Is this a known bug for JSD when running in Google Chrome ?

10 answers

3 votes
Ole Schäfer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2018

Hi,

we face the same problem.

The project default language is German, but all notifications are sent in English until a customer changes the language in his account to German.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Ole

Cesar R
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2019

Hello, Same Issue here.

Customers that create request and aren't logged in, receive the notifications only on English. 

If they see the portal in Spanish and create the issue in Spanish, it doesn't make sense that they receive a notification in English.

I have Spanish translated all the portal. And even setting Spanish as default lang doesn't fix this. This is pretty bad, since I can't manage multilang clients.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Uwe Haase
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 11, 2019

Same problem here.

Notifications to customers are only created in the language of their browser default language if they have explicitly set their language in the user profile.

more than that:

the wrong language is not the standard language of the project, but of the jira cloud installation:

- the jira cloud installation default language is german

- the jira service desk cloud project default language is english (german and french language are also activated for this project)

- the customer default browser language is french

- the request language as shown on the ticket detail is "french" (as it should be)

- the notifications send to customers are in german

1 vote
Finn Harsfort January 28, 2018

Hi Maarten,

We are running on JSD Cloud, and a customer DO have the option: "Automatically detect browser settings".

I have run several tests now (also cleared browser cache as suggested above) and the outcome is the same:
- Our portal is configured with English translation and Danish as Default

- The portal language is set to Danish

- When a customer is added he sees the protal in Danish

- When he raise a request, the request language is Danish 

Now - and this is the problem - When he receives a notification (issue created) this notification is in English !  (running on a Google Chrome browser which is set to Danish as language)

But if he changes the JIRA portal profile language setting to Danish (default is "Automatically detect my browser setting") - then he will receive notifications in Danish.

Do I really need to inform all our customers that they have to manually change this setting in their profile in order to get Danish notifications or is there another solution ?

0 votes
Georg Sluyterman January 22, 2022

It seems somebody created a feature request / suggestion. If you comment on this feature request then Atlassian is more likely to fix this i suppose:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9722

0 votes
Malin July 31, 2019

I took this to Atlassian Support team and we were eventually told that this is a bug:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6407 

Please vote, we're hoping Atlassian will fix this soon. 

0 votes
Cesar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 8, 2019

Same problem here!

0 votes
Malin March 7, 2019

Any soultion to this? We have our primary language set to English and translated the portal and customer notifications to norwegian and swedish. but customer notification email's still comes in english. 
We are using JSD Cloud. 

Only option around this seems to be forcing our 3500 users to manually select their language and not use auto detect. 

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2018

Hi Edwin,

The JSD Portal has a setting in the profile of the user to configure the language. It probably defaults to English. The auto-detect feature is not available in the portal:

2018-01-28 11_18_31-Clipboard.png

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

0 votes
Finn Harsfort January 27, 2018

Hi Edwin,

I will check about clearing the cache - you might be right.

JIRA has a setting under profile / preferences / language named "Automatically detect browser setting" - this is the setting that I could not get working.

/Finn

0 votes
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2018

Hi Finn,

Have them try clearing their browser cache. It may be saving cache from prior sessions.

Also not sure if Jira you can detect language from the browser itself. Unless you mean detect the Jira servers default language?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events