Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields in dedicated 'box'

Piotr Pawlowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2018

Dear all,

I am using ServiceDesk with success for some time. Currently, I am trying to improve it a by moving some e-mail flow to ServiceDesk.

For this purpose, I've created dedicated issue type and several custom fields. By using screen/screen schemes, I've assigned custom fields to new issue type. Also, new request type, which is using newly created custom fields and issue type, has been created.

Unfortunately, my custom fields are spread in multiple places after new request type is created. Ie. fields related with dates are in 'Dates' boxes, others are in 'Details' section. 

What I would like to achieve is to have all my custom fields in separate 'box' when I look at the issue as ServiceDesk operator.

Questions are:
* is it possible?
* how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance for any tips.

2 answers

0 votes
Gualter Augusto February 16, 2018

Hi,

If you are running server instance you can try to modify the ticket screen with a custom field to move elements around in the page.

I don't know if it's possible specifically in your case but i was able to move the "details" section to the right above "SLA".

In your case i would look for the element id and move it to the details section.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

To the best of my knowledge this is not currently possible in Service Desk without either a plugin or changes to the code.

It might be possible that you could use a plugin such as Extension for Jira Service Desk.  I believe this plugin has the ability to use dynamic forms in the customer portal.  Perhaps you could use this as a means to organize those custom fields to appear based on customer input in the portal.

Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Piotr Pawlowski,

I'm from InTENSO and we are developing Extension app in our team. As @Andy Heinzer mentioned in his post, our app allows to create dynamic forms on customer portal. But I'm not sure if it is the best answer on your question. We have already released version 5.3.0 where we added a new useful feature: Bundled Fields. Maybe this is a better option for your need, if I understand you well. 

Please get 30-day trial from Marketplace. In case of any question, don't hesitate to ask our support. It is also possible to organise a session for you to show a demo of our app.

Best regards,

Katarzyna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events