Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create readonly users

Eduardo Dresch July 23, 2018

I have a Jira Service Desk application, I would like to create clients that could only view the issues of an organization. How to make?

When you insert a client into an organization, it can create issues, because the project's client permission, in its most restricted mode, allows the client to create issues.

The attempt was to create a project function called "readonly" to assign customers who could only view issues and use the design function called "service desk customers" to assign customers who could create issues.

And when trying to change the permission scheme so that the client of the project function "readonly" does not create issues, it can no longer view the issues.

1 answer

0 votes
Stan Olbrot July 23, 2018

Maybe help this :

1. Create project role ex. PrjViewer

2. Assign user wich must only view issue to this role

3. In project permission assign browse project to PrjViewer role

Thats all? Maybe :)

Eduardo Dresch July 24, 2018

It does not work because when entering the user into an organization the user can create issues.

Support told me that I should be looking for add-ons for this.

Thanks!

Stan Olbrot July 27, 2018

I'm done this on test base.

Maybe you must change permission to this user to no create? Im testing this on my dev project and is working ok.

System >Role > add PrjViewer role

Project >user role > add user to PrjViewer role

Project > permission scheme > add role PrjViewer to browse project only

You can't user in per sch any logged user. Use only project role to control permission - if you can of course.

Eduardo Dresch July 27, 2018

I did just that, but it did not work because my project is private.

I was able to resolve using the Extension for Jira Service Desk add-on.

Thanks for helping!

Wolfgang Schwarzenbrunner July 3, 2019

Eduardo, would it be possible for you to explain briefly how you solved this using the add-on?

Sverre Moe March 10, 2021

Can you please explain how you used the Extension for Jira Service Desk to solve this?

Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Sverre Moe 

You can use Feature Bundle to hide all request types for users from the customers group. In that way, they will have access only to the tickets created by others. This feature is described here.

Cheers, 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events