It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create Custom report showing who approved a change.

Hi, we are evaluating JIRA Service Desk. One thing we are definitely looking for is being able to create and export a report of a list of the tickets (change requests) that have been approved, and display who approved it. Seems like we can't edit columns in the service desk reports to show this information.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jul 11, 2017

Jordan, 

when you say export a report I assume you are exporting to CSV or similar? You can certain easily create a report (filter) of approved - Approvals = approved() - issues and include the approvals column.

Once you export you can do what you want w/ heading labels, etc.

Yes a CSV would be fine. I created a new Report under the service desk, went to Add Series (Created and also tried Resolved) and then I changed the type from Basic to Advanced and put in: "approvals = approved()."

This gave me almost what I wanted, but the resulting graph and ticket information it pulled, I didn't see a way to add a column to show me who the approver was without going into the issue/ticket.approvals.png

I believe I've figured it out. I wasn't sure what you meant by filter, but then I discovered you can do this type of reporting in the search bar/filter.

So I believe my question is answered in regards to this certain case.

Thanks!

Jack Community Leader Jul 11, 2017

Jordan,

sorry for the delay getting back I was tied up on some work stuff but it looks like you figured it so thumbs up on that! 

Best of luck and welcome to the community!

I am trying to run the same report - my issue is that I have multiple approvers listed but only need approval by one.  When I run the report and list "Approvers" it shows all approvers not just the person that approved the ticket.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

336 views 0 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you