Create Custom report showing who approved a change.

Hi, we are evaluating JIRA Service Desk. One thing we are definitely looking for is being able to create and export a report of a list of the tickets (change requests) that have been approved, and display who approved it. Seems like we can't edit columns in the service desk reports to show this information.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jul 11, 2017

Jordan, 

when you say export a report I assume you are exporting to CSV or similar? You can certain easily create a report (filter) of approved - Approvals = approved() - issues and include the approvals column.

Once you export you can do what you want w/ heading labels, etc.

Yes a CSV would be fine. I created a new Report under the service desk, went to Add Series (Created and also tried Resolved) and then I changed the type from Basic to Advanced and put in: "approvals = approved()."

This gave me almost what I wanted, but the resulting graph and ticket information it pulled, I didn't see a way to add a column to show me who the approver was without going into the issue/ticket.approvals.png

I believe I've figured it out. I wasn't sure what you meant by filter, but then I discovered you can do this type of reporting in the search bar/filter.

So I believe my question is answered in regards to this certain case.

Thanks!

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jul 11, 2017

Jordan,

sorry for the delay getting back I was tied up on some work stuff but it looks like you figured it so thumbs up on that! 

Best of luck and welcome to the community!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

773 views 5 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you