Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Jira Service Desk use default priority scheme as its own custom scheme?

Jeff Clay December 20, 2017

I've read on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html that Service Desk doesn't support priority schemes. This leads me to believe that I can customize the default scheme for use on my service desk and use custom priority schemes for all other projects that support them. Can anyone clarify or confirm this? Also, could anyone elaborate on why Service Desk doesn't support priority schemes?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Clay December 23, 2017

After re-reading that page and confirming the actions on the server it seems that the behavior is rather counterintuitive. 

Jira Software supports priority schemes.

Any new priorities created in the additional schemes are added to the default scheme.

The default scheme cannot be edited. You cannot rename or change the built-in priorities.

Service Desk only uses the default priority scheme.

This all leads to a ridiculous behavior. All custom priorites created and assigned to various Software projects are applied to all Service Desk projects.

1 vote
Zarco June 27, 2018

Yet I was assured that it is working since Jira version 7.7.0

Please note Priority schemes for Service Desk were introduced in Service Desk 3.10 (which requires JIRA 7.7.0). You would need to upgrade your JIRA and Service Desk to these versions and priority schemes will get also applicable. Please refer to the Service Desk 3.10 Release Notes for more information.

I've tested this and can confirm that priority schemes can be added to Service Desk project on later versions than 7.7.0 (I tried it on JIRA 7.8.1).

So, this option will be available if you upgrade your JIRA instance.

Let us know your thoughts and if you have any questions.

0 votes
Zarco June 19, 2018

Hello

Is this going to be addressed?

Cheers

Dimitar Dimitrov June 27, 2018

I did recently talk to Atlassian and I saw that in the next round of updates. So it's on the way unofficially, fyi.

0 votes
Dimitar Dimitrov April 11, 2018

I also have the same problem. Cannot associate a custom priority scheme with my Jira Service Desk projects?

0 votes

It is still not clear to me.

We are using v7.6.3

I created a new Priority Scheme, but I can't link my Service Desk Project to that new scheme as the Jira Service Desk project don't support priority schemes....

JIRA Service Desk projects are hidden as they don't support priority schemes.

image.png

So, what is the suggested solution to modify the default priority without impacting the 700 other projects?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hello,

What is your Jira version?

This option is only available from Jira 7.6

Jeff Clay December 20, 2017

JIRA Service Desk 3.9.1

JIRA Software 7.6.1

JIRA Core 7.6.1

Jeff Clay December 21, 2017

Are you saying that the option to use the default priority scheme is only available from 7.6 or that 7.6 should be able to use custom priorities?

Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

Yes, It is from the version 7.6. But I guess that is the version you are using

Jeff Clay December 21, 2017

Are you saying that the option to use the default priority scheme is only available from 7.6 or that 7.6 should be able to use custom priorities?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Both.

Before 7.6, there was one priority scheme, you could not create more.  So the default scheme was the only one you could use (and hence there was no UI to change schemes)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events