Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Inactive

Brandon Rosadio September 26, 2019

In the user manager, I have inactive users, these are in contact with my AD, the strange thing is that since my AD the account is active.

How can I activate this from JIRA.

Your comments would help me a lot, users cannot enter the portal.

Regards

1.jpg2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2019

Hi Brandon,

Sorry to hear that you have some users listed as inactive in Jira, seems like this can be a frustrating problem to troubleshoot.

That first screenshot is interesting. It shows us that the user logged in 2 hours ago, but is currently listed as inactive in Jira.  This inactivation should only happen if the user account in LDAP:

• has been deleted in LDAP
  • has been deactivated in LDAP
  • is not found in LDAP

when Jira syncs to that directory.  By default Jira is syncing every 60 minutes.   So presumably one of the last syncs Jira did to that LDAP directory either failed, or it completed successfully, but found that user in a deactivated/deleted/missing state.  

Which of those three states is the cause here? Well, that is difficult to say right now.  Especially since your other screenshot appears to contradict this idea.  I would like to take a closer look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file during the time that Jira completed this LDAP sync.  It might be able to give us more clues as to the problem here.

If it doesn't tell us much, then it might be worth enable DEBUG logging on the package com.atlassian.crowd.directory from Administration - > System - > Logging and Profiling - > Package name (com.atlassian.crowd.directory) and then recreate this problem in order to provide additional information here.

Try this out and let me know the results.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events