Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceso desde Internet

Carlos Arturo Espinoza Ayala March 7, 2018

No puedo accesar a mi servidor jira desde internet, ya esta publicado pero me niega el acceso a conexiones externas.

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Arturo Espinoza Ayala March 8, 2018

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Carlos,

If I understand your post here, you cannot access Jira from a public internet address.

Could you let us know more information about your environment?

Is Jira using a reverse proxy, load balancer, firewall in order to redirect traffic to the site?

Or is the Tomcat instance Jira is running in publicly available?

It is possible that you could have specified the Tomcat instance running Jira will only listen to requests made to a specific address.  In which case, it could be that Jira is only setup to respond to requests made to this private address, and not to requests made to some other public address.  If this is the case with Jira directly, then you would have had to do this in the $JIRAINSTALL/conf/server.xml file, specifically in the <Connector> tag with the 'address' element.  You do not need to define this parameter to make Jira work, and by default Jira does not even have this in most connectors, but it is possible that you could have configured this as such.

If that is not the case, then I think the next steps are to learn more about your network setup.  Perhaps if we can learn the public/private addresses of this Jira instance, as well as the internal/external port numbers the site is being hosted on we might be able to offer more help in understanding where to look next.  I suspect there might have to be some kind of ports to open on a firewall in order to allow connections from the internet to  be able to reach this application.

Have you tried to use a linux utility like curl to try to reach the site?  If so what syntax are you using for this?  What results did you get back from that utility?

Carlos Arturo Espinoza Ayala March 8, 2018

Hola Andrew gracias por tu rápida respuesta, he verificado el archivo server.xml en el directorio de jira, y este no ha sido configurado, el servidor esta detras de dos firewall WatchGuard, en uno de ellos esta mi ip publica a la que apunta el dominio y este redirige al otro watchguard que es al que se encuentra conectado el servidor, puedo realizar un ping al dominio y tengo respuesta, el puerto que se abrio en el firewall es el 8080 en el que se instala jira por defecto. El firewall esta configurado para que acepte conexiones desde cualquier sitio a ese puerto.

Lo raro es que desde mi red interna puedo accesarlo desde el nombre de dominio pero no desde una red externa

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

Ah, well having two firewalls to navigate can make this more difficult.   Since you can access this via your internal network, but not your external network, it might help to try to do a traceroute command in a terminal  (linux) or Command prompt (Windows).

For example you can do a command like

traceroute jira.atlassian.com

from both internal and external locations in order to try to compare the results.   But in your case, you will want to replace jira.atlassian.com with the address of your Jira site you are trying to access.

I do not expect these to be the same, but taking note of the differences might help understand where we need to configure this.  

Could you let me know what that address is?  Have you also tried to access the site via its IP address such as 123.45.67.111 for example?   It might help to understand this IP address being used, and also understand the DNS records being used here to resolve a hostname both internally and externally. 

You can sometimes see what IP address is being resolved when you use the ping command as well, both internally and externally.  It could be that resolving this address is different in the two networks.  

I suspect the problem is with a setting in one or both of the watchguard firewalls, but without knowing more about your network configuration it will be difficult to advise you here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events