"Watch" options for Ideas

augusto_damario November 26, 2021

Hello there, 

When using Ideas many times I wanted to share the Idea with some people by adding them as Watchers.

Is there a similar way here?

4 comments

Comment

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 26, 2021

Yes, there is. You can add watchers in data center using:

watchers - dc.jpg

or in cloud using:

watchers - cl.jpg

You can even get them to vote on your ideas!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2021

Hi @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ this community group is for "Jira Product Discovery", a new Jira product built as part of point A and currently in closed beta. If you'd like access to try it out let me know. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2021

Hi @augusto_damario , this functionality isn't available in Jira Product Discovery yet - but it's definitely something we have on the roadmap. 

Cheers,
Tanguy

Like Krish Sharma likes this
Krish Sharma December 16, 2021

Hi Tanguy, this is something which i also had on my list. It would be great for watchers to also get notifications when something is updated. At the moment does the idea owner get a notification when an idea is updated and is it possible to add in more people? 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
sharon.prajzner May 13, 2022

Hello, Our customer facing teams are asking about this feature as well.  I see this was added to the roadmap per the above, but it was a while ago.  Is there progress?

Lots of times one team submits the idea, but another is responsible for tracking it, and they don't want to keep checking to see if there's activity so really what they want is more of the "alerts" for a list of people. 

From my perspective, I also think knowing what triggers an alert will be important (all changes or just content changes).

Jerry O'Sullivan July 14, 2022

+1 Interested in this also

Matthew Bozek September 9, 2022

+1 interested in this. I'm surprised this isn't native functionality.

Matthew Bozek September 9, 2022

If this isn't on the roadmap, is there a workaround? Will adding users as a custom field to an idea notify them of updates?

Louis Aguila October 11, 2022

+1 as this would be helpful 

Jen Tuohy December 5, 2022

+1

Jerry O'Sullivan December 15, 2022

Hey @Tanguy Crusson any idea when this will land?

Jerry O'Sullivan December 15, 2022

Actually found I can get at via advanced search and viewing issue that way e.g. https://XXXXXXX.atlassian.net/browse/UP-XXX

Glen Cochrane January 24, 2023

+1 for this basic, sensible functionality. Ironic that Watchers are part of the Discovery Project notification scheme, yet...

Jenya Stoeva January 24, 2023

+1 from my side too. This functionality is indeed in the notifications schema for JPD and hopefully it is available one day.

Jordan Barnard January 29, 2023

+1 on our side too

Ben Krichko April 5, 2023

What's the ETA on adding watchers to the Jira Product Delivery board??

Nicholas Cannon April 26, 2023

Hello, I am also curious at to the ETA for adding watchers on the JIRA Product Delivery board? Is that something that the groups here knows or has any insight on? Thanks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events