Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Move / Import tool allow issues to be mapped to Insights?

Jonathan Hau April 18, 2022

I have thousands of tickets of feedback currently linked as "Linked Issues" and / or "Child Issues" of epic issues within Software Projects in Jira. But, in order to promote the adopt of JPD within my team I need to manually move + attach those tickets as Insights. It would be great if there was a bulk move function that allows me to attach items as "Insights" instead of merely "Linked Issues".

2 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Thank you @Jonathan Hau , this is something we plan to do however we don't have a timeframe yet. In the meantime this is something you can do programmatically, as a workaround. Here's an example for how to add an insight to an idea using the public API

We'll definitely let you know when we start working on an import tool.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson we have a similar workflow.
There are, say, epics or stories to which lots of feature requests (support tickets) are linked.
When creating an Idea in a JPD project, we would like import all those linked support tickets as insights, for example:

1. Choose to create many insights at once
  2. Choose source epic (or user story)
  3. Choose that its linked support tickets should become insights in a JPD idea
  4. Effect: as many insights are created as there are linked support tickets

I think the insights should become copies of the tickets, but not sure. Maybe they should be in constant sync. But this could be an overkill. Probably ideally, the support tickets in the future should be linked to JPD ideas instead of JSW epics/stories.

Cheers,
Radek

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events