cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Milestones & Time Indicator on Timeline Views

Mart Postma March 13, 2024

Hi JPD Team,

I've got two suggestions for the Timeline view in JPD:

1. It would be great to be able to set milestones on the timeline view (roadmap) to indicate important deadlines coming up such as releases, projects, etc. 

2. In relation to that, having a vertical time indicator on the roadmap showing the current date in the quarter/month block of the timeline. This helps visualising closing milestones/deadlines/projects.

Please refer to my sketch for an example!

2024-03-13_09-48-25.png

5 comments

Paul Saunders March 13, 2024

+1 on this suggestion

Like Mart Postma likes this
Tolu Adebayo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

+1

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2024

+1 for this

Like # people like this
Kostia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2024

Hi @Mart Postma!
Engineer from JPD here. Thanks for great suggestion. We have both of them already in our roadmap, so you'll be able to use these features once they are implemented. 

Like # people like this
Mart Postma March 13, 2024

Hi @Kostia - great to hear!

Obvious next question: any ETA...?

Like # people like this
Violeta Tamašauskienė March 14, 2024

This is great news!

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2024

Hats off on your amazing drawing skills, super helpful!! 

Amina, JPD PM

Like Mart Postma likes this
Kostia
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2024

@Paul Saunders @Tolu Adebayo @Stephen_Lugton @Violeta Tamašauskienė Thanks for showing the interest to improvements in timeline. Could you please send us your Atlassian site names, so we can add you to our EAP for these improvements when it opens. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Violeta Tamašauskienė April 4, 2024

@Kostia how can I send the Site name without disclosing it here in public? 

Like # people like this
jack_saxton April 4, 2024

I'd love to have my team included in this EAP! https://hudl-jira.atlassian.net/

Max Walther April 5, 2024

i would really like to take part as well.

Like Florian Lange likes this
Mirko Grahnert April 5, 2024

Hey @Kostia :) 

Any chance you could add us to the EAP for this feature?

Kostia
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2024

@Violeta Tamašauskienė @jack_saxton @Mirko Grahnert @Max Walther Thank you for showing interest. If you would like to be part of early access program for these features, please sign up using form in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Early-access-program-for-enhanced-timeline-views/ba-p/2662614

Like # people like this
Paul Saunders April 5, 2024

Thank you @Kostia - I've signed up to your EAP

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events