maxencetaieb July 6, 2022

Hi all,

When I sort by Status, the order is

1. Parking Lot
  2. Delivery
  3. Discovery
  4. Ready for Delivery
  5. Done

I think that Delivery should appear after Ready for Delivery. Is there a way to fix that?

2 comments

Comment

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2022

Similar request to this, to order by Now/Next/Later I've had to put a number in front of the title to order it properly

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2022

Hi @maxencetaieb There's no real concept of ordering for the Jira status unfortunately - it's a workflow and things don't have to be linear. If you want to do something like this I'd recommend creating a different field (a field of type "Select") to represent status if that's an option for you. However if you'd still prefer to use the Jira status field, know that you can still create a board where the columns are from that field - and you can reorder these columns to match how you want to see them.

@Chris Timms are you using a Select field for Now/Next/Later? If so that should work out of the box: https://www.loom.com/share/3c3dbd135e194b5999e0d1194593142e - if that's not the case please let me know. 

Cheers,

Tanguy

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2022

Hey @Tanguy Crusson , I managed to test this today and can confirm, I am a liar :D the sort order works as you described.

Regards,

-C

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2022

Hahaha well maybe you came across a temporary bug, it's been known to happen 😅

David Moore January 30, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson , I always thought you could define the status ordering in the Jira Cloud - Settings - Issues (Issues Attributes) - Statuses screen, using the up/down arrows to define the sorting order within the Status Category...well, it works when filtering & sorting there...

While I agree the workflow is not necessarily linear, I feel this is a good way to provide some control to ordering generally (i.e To Do -> In Progress -> Done makes sense right?) and inside those categories you should be able to generally say a queued idea is ready for design v's being actively designed...

I feel a similar approach in Product Discovery would add value...

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events