Search for tickets based od field history?

mario.vlahovic March 18, 2022

Hi,

In my company we use the Jira product for internal task/issue allocations. The "issue" has several fields, one of them called "Support group". Based on that field selection, the right group is selected to address the ticket.

Anyway, as I'm the lead of one of those groups, I'm looking for a way to see all the tickets which went through this group/field.

So for example the ticket was opened in "Support Group 1" and then moved to "Support Group 2", operators in that group then moved the issue to "Support Group 3". So I'd like to create (if possible) a JQL search query to see which ticked at one time landed in "Support Group 2". So far I was able only to list tickets that are currently in "Support Group 2".

Asked same question to my local Atlassian admin, but could help me. That's why I try here. :)

Thank you

2 comments

Comment

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2022

Hey @mario.vlahovic 

Thanks for sharing this use case with us. Unfortunately, we don't support JQL or idea history. Keep an eye on the community if we decide to prioritise one of the team will normally share a post. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

Hi @mario.vlahovic you might be in luck : @Sarah Stenhouse and I just dug out this page from the Jira documentation which apparently lets you do what you were asking for! It's a bit of a power user move for Jira ninjas :) 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Becoming-a-JIRA-Search-Ninja-History-searches-in-JIRA/ba-p/461943

You can do searches like: 

project = PPLUS AND roadmap WAS "Next" BEFORE "2022-01-01"

project = PPLUS AND roadmap CHANGED FROM "Next" TO "NOW"

Does that help?

mario.vlahovic March 23, 2022

Hi Tanguy,

Thanks for your effort. Sadly, no. :(

History searches do not support the 'Support group' field.
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

Argh, so close!! You are right, sorry about that!

Here's the full reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/advanced-searching-fields-reference-939937719.html

Most Jira Product Discovery fields are in the "custom fields" section and do not support history searches.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events