cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse link when importing issues from CSV

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to import ideas from a CSV (originally from Monday) to JPD. The ideas already have a link to Jira issues, and I am trying to import them with the link, using the Implements/Implemented by link type. However, when I try to do so, using the External System Import, and configure it to use the Implements link type, it links it in the reverse direction, i.e. the epic is implemented by the idea, and not the other way round.

The idea still recognizes the epic as a delivery item, but on the epic, it looks strange.

Is there any way to make sure the link gets created the right way?

Thanks,

Omer

3 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hi Omer, sorry about the delay, we'll get to your question tomorrow!

Like Omer Meshar likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022

Edit: that'll be next week!

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2022

Hello Omer, 

I've just tried the import via .csv and I've been able to reproduce the bug - regardless the original link type (is implemented by/implements), after the .csv import, the links is always "implements", hence the idea implements the epic. 

I will log this as a bug in our backlog, thank you for your feedback ! 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Anas Albassam June 14, 2022

This is gonna be great!

Clement Rossignol
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

Hello, 
Was this ever corrected or has a alternative solution be found? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events