Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Published views coming up empty for stakeholders

Ree Agarwal February 5, 2024

When I publish the view and add the stakeholder (using their personal email address) first of all they do not receive any notification about a view shared with them.

Question: Shouldn't the stakeholder receive an email with the notification about the published view as that is the objective of this function?

Note: The stakeholders are just users in our JIRA instance without any access to any of the products.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 104140.png

Second: when I copy the link and share it on the email with the stakeholder and then they click on the link from the email, the roadmap view opens but without any roadmap items on it i.e. the view is completely empty as shown below

Screenshot 2024-02-02 105301.png

I should not have to do this if I am adding a stakeholder via his/her email address. They should receive the notification by default. This should be the option in the scenario where I am not adding anyone. Right??

Has anyone else faced this issue or is publish working fine for you? If it's working fine then can you let me know what steps are you following?

My understanding is that even if the stakeholder has the JIRA license but no access to any product pyblish should still work.

Thanks.

4 comments

Freddie Bendzius-Drennan February 6, 2024

I've experienced this also. I've shared a Published View with a jira/confluence group that doesn't have JPD project access, and they just see the empty view like you.

image (3).png

Rishabh Jha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2024

@Freddie Bendzius-Drennan - When did this happen? We tried to replicate this but could not replicate it at our end. Can you share a video recording with us for us to better understand or replicate this, to make sure we are not missing something?

Or you can book a meeting with me and we can through it together. here: https://calendar.app.google/8qzEJrqZJPjUDRPz9

I am from the engineering team and I will try to resolve this as soon as we can. But we need to be able to replicate it first. 

Vlad Zinculescu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2024

Thanks for your message @Ree Agarwal . I'll tackle the questions one at a time.

1. At the moment we don't send email notifications to stakeholders. It is on our roadmap, but haven't been picked up yet.

2. Can you check the published view yourself and let me know if it's still empty?

IF it also looks empty it's probably due to unsupported fields. Some fields, like formulas, are unsupported right now. We're working on changing the UI to better explain what is happening to both you and your stakeholders. In the meantime you can learn about unsupported fields here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jpdkb/error-when-trying-to-publish-a-view-in-jira-product-discovery-1346052400.html 

Like JJ McKinnon likes this
Lisa Kostyshak February 6, 2024

I have had a similar issue with some board views. Here's some things I've tried:

User 1 - Jira user who was given stakeholder access using company email, has no licensed access to any of our Jira products.

User 2 - Jira user who was given stakeholder access using gmail email and no access to any of our Jira products.

My access - creator license for JPD project being tested.

Scenario 1 - Board View where columns are the status field. User 1 and User 2 can both see the view and the contents within the view.

Scenario 2 - Board View where columns are the roadmap field, a select field, with two unsupported fields noted in the Publish. User 1 cannot see the content. User 2 can see the content. When I open the shared view using the shared view link, I can see the content.

Scenario 3 - Same board view as scenario 2, but removed the unsupported fields, to see if that might be the problem. We see the same results as scenario 2. 

Scenario 4 - I created another board view with mult-select field as the columns. Same result as scenario 2. 

Scenario 5 - Another board with a rating field as columns. User 1 can see that view's content. User 2 can see that view's content.

There seems to be some anomalies with User 1 accessing the stakeholder view that has columns that are select and multi-select field types.

Is this a currently known limitation with beta?

Thank you!

Rishabh Jha
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2024

@Lisa Kostyshak - We tried to replicate this but could not replicate it at our end. Can you share a video recording with us for us to better understand or replicate this, to make sure we are not missing something?

Or even better you can book a meeting with me and we can through it together. here: https://calendar.app.google/8qzEJrqZJPjUDRPz9

I am from the engineering team and I will try to resolve this as soon as we can. But we need to be able to replicate it first. 

Lisa Kostyshak February 8, 2024

@Rishabh Jha Booked! Looking forward to working through this so we can continue to evaluate the best way to use the stakeholder sharing feature. Thank you!

duncan_crowell June 11, 2024

Is there any update on this.  Big limitation for us not being able to share customer formulas in published views.  

Our scenario is that we need to provide a view of priority to stakeholders using a DVF formula. The board shows all the scores across the DVF formula but not the actual result. Any view on when custom formulas will be available for view on published views? or is there a way around this without having to give everyone product access?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events