Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Discovery - multiple users inputting in rating field

Len Bergman April 19, 2023

I would like multiple team members to give input into the rating field. As of right now I can only configure the field to have a 'Single" entry (0-5 dots).  I would like to allow multiple people on the team to give there input and then be able to review them with the team.  Is there a way for us to configure this?

3 comments

Comment

John Ickes April 19, 2023

I had the same need, but couldn't find a way to have one rating that records values for each person.  I went the route of creating a rating for Sales, Support, and Leadership.  Then I created formulas to take the average and use that value like a single rating would be used.  The PO can still see the individual ratings as well as the average.

Like # people like this
Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2023

Alternatively to what @John Ickes proposes, you could use Insights, instead.

But you'll also need several extra fields for the formulas, and it just looks & feels totally different, really.

Insights can be tagged with labels. So you can let N users add insights with a label "rating".

Then, create two fields for calculations:

• calc1 Custom formula field type "roll-up"; as input, select "Impact" (under INSIGHTS); in the "..." input menu, add a filter for the "rating" label
  • calc2 Custom formula field type "roll-up"; as input, select "Number of insights" (under INSIGHTS); in the "..." input menu, add a filter for the "rating" label

Finally, create a custom formula field called "Rating", type "write your own", {calc1} / {calc2)

Like Kalin U likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

ah yeah that's another workaround, thanks @Jan-Hendrik Spieth ! similar to my voting example below. Not ideal, maybe can help in some scenarios

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

@Len Bergman it's not possible today but it's a great idea. 

The only fields we have that are truly "multi-player" today are the Vote field and the Reactions field. 

It's a bit of a hack, but until we do that you could try using a Vote field for that: 

• You create the field, add it to a view
  • You ask everyone to come in and give a number of votes to each idea (between 0 and 10) to represent the effort. They explain why in the description box
  • Then you can review and discuss as a team
Like Kalin U likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events