Problem with automation rule: unable to transfer data to custom fields

Tima Ushnitsky December 6, 2022

When trying to transfer fields from JSM request to Jira Discovery Project only transferred "Summary" & "Description", but my custom fields didn't transfer.
Automation rule log:
Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - My custom fileds*

what could be the problem?

this description didn't help

2 comments

Comment

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Tima Ushnitsky

Are you sure the field you have selected in your automation is the correct field in JPD?

JPD works like team managed projects, so fields only exist in the context of their projects. For example, if you manage three software projects, you have three separate fields for 'Story Points' that will appear when configuring automations - same idea for JPD.

The error you are seeing is likely because you have used a field with the same name from another project, which doesn't exist on the JPD issue. To confirm, rename your JPD field to [Field Name]12345 and reconfigure your rule. If you chose the right field originally, [Field Name]12345 will already be selected and you have a different problem. If it is not selected, you have chosen the wrong field and should choose that one in your automation (you can change the name back when you are done).

Regards,

- C

Tima Ushnitsky December 7, 2022

HI @Chris Timms 

In JDP you can't choose "paragraph" type for fields, that's why i choose the "short text" type, maybe that's why there are problems? Turns out I can't choose standard Jira types on JDP?Google Chrome_2022-12-07 18-39-16@2x.jpeg

Regards,

- T

Like Ben Gallant likes this
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Hi Tima, 

As Chris mentionned, Jira Product Discovery is based on team-managed projects and Jira Service Management is based on company manged projects, and that's probably what is causing the error here. 

I have just tested it, and I am getting an error when I am trying to pass a field from a Jira Service Management ticket to a Jira Software team-managed project, and when I try to pass it to a Jira Product Discovery project. So if you are looking to pass a value from one ticket to another, this one won't work. 

However, it is possible to set the value of custom fields directly in the rule and this works well. This rule created an idea in my Jira Product Discovery project which had the value "delighter" for the field named bucket. You could then create conditions, and have different values set according to the request type for example. 

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 19.35.05.png

If this one isn't working, it might be what Chris suggested, as in my case I have multiple bucket fields, I needed to select the correct one. 

Ben Gallant March 13, 2023

I'd like to add paragraph fields to JPD ideas as well. We have another project that acts as a Project Intake Form (JSM, TM, Cloud) and we need to be able to shoot the contents of those paragraphs into paragraph fields in JPD. We use Elements Copy and Sync to sync fields so that they stay the same. 

I've tried to do this and it seems like the "Short text" custom field type is not long enough to manage this. 

Any suggestions on how to do this? 

Diana G November 30, 2023

@Ben GallantDid you find a way to create a paragraph field in JPD?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events