Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission to remove a field from a view

Omer Meshar August 11, 2022

Hi,

We are trying to use the Jira Product Discovery for an internal hackathon we are having in the company.

We created a project and edited the view (removed and added fields, according to our needs).

We then created a role (hackathon member) that allows the users to create/update ideas.

The problem is that we found out the members can also play with the view - for example remove fields, and that's something we don't want them to do.

We couldn't find a permission regarding view control - is there anyway to make sure users don't have the ability to change the view?

3 comments

Comment

Siva Kumar August 11, 2022

Hey Omar, 

Did you check access settings in your project? Trying giving only viewer access to users. I guess this is what you are looking for!!

Have a great day!!

Thanks.

pd.JPG

Andreas Mouritsen August 11, 2022

Except Omer was looking to have the users "create/update ideas" as he wrote in his post.

I am also looking for this specific functionality and it looks like it is not available at the moment, even when editing the permissions of the roles.

Like # people like this
Erin Mihalik August 11, 2022

If they want to edit the view they are seeing the list in, then they need to create their own view. I explained that to team members at my company. All fields are available to everyone. Don't touch a view you don't own. Create a view for yourself if you want less or more info. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Omer Meshar , we don't yet support the creation of custom roles yet (we've implemented most things but punted on it while working on other projects). So you can't really do what you want to do today. Either you can create/edit ideas - and then you can also create/edit views, or you can't edit anything - in which case you can only comment and vote. 

We'll definitely support this though.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events