Multiple goals and efforts

Vide Geiger October 28, 2022

It would be helpful if an idea could meet multiple goals (exists, I know) and that each goal can have a specific effort and therefore impact score. 

Right now an idea can really only have one goal/effort combination.

3 comments

Comment

Caitlin_Steel October 28, 2022

I am curious... why wouldn't that be two different ideas?  

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2022

Why would each goal have its own effort? Wouldn't implementing the idea (same effort) would serve both goals?

What I am missing is having the option to give different goal impacts per goal.

Mark S_ Rasmussen October 31, 2022

Agreed on this one. Could definitely see multiple goals, optionally with each their own impact make sense. To us, effort will always be the same as it's an either/or whether we implement it.

Vide Geiger October 31, 2022

Let me clarify.

We're developing a software with goals like autonomy for client, quality of delivery, user experience, flexible management etc.

An idea like "Build a menu editor" may fulfill goals like "autonomy for client" and "flexible management", now for us the goal "autonomy for client" carries a weight of 1.5, and "flexible management" a weight of 0.5. While its the same development and effort, the goals this idea fulfills are several, but we'd like to sum the goals' weights or simple give ideas with multiple goals a higher impact score.

This way, ideas that fulfill many goals become more valuable than those which only fulfill one... but having the ability to give a goal a weight would be very helpful.

But I'm open to the notion that I have not understood the user of Discovery and that this idea may be misplaced... ;)

Mark S_ Rasmussen October 31, 2022

I think it makes a lot of sense - and with this elaboration I don't think you're pushing for individual efforts per goal, but rather a single effort with multiple goals.

Today, you can weigh goals individually. This doesn't give you an impact per goal, which I'd also love to have. While you can set an overall weight on a goal, multiplying this with an individual impact per idea would really allow you to compare the value of different ideas even better.

Like Vide Geiger likes this
Vide Geiger November 1, 2022

Thanks, I was actually not aware of the weighting feature on lists, I've now found it thanks to you.

Like Mark S_ Rasmussen likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events