Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Affected Customers field

Kasia Karska _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2023

Hey Everyone,

How do you manage the Affected Customers in JPD? Currently, this is a multi-select which doesn't seem to work properly when the list of options becomes very long and it's hard to re-order it (drag'n'drop doesn't work below the ideas list area, only the move up or down seems to work but it's time-consuming to use it). Do you have other suggestions or use a different field type for that? I'm curious how others are doing it.

4 comments

Comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2023

Hi Katarzyna, Rohan from the JPD Product Management team here. How does the Affected Customers field help you with your work?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2023

Hi Rohan,

Nice to meet you! I'm looking for a way to track interest in ideas. The Affected Customers field helps me to see who has requested a feature however it's hard to manage the multi-select list so I'm wondering if there are alternatives. 

Krystal O_Connor April 10, 2023

In a past life with a different product, I collected the actual customer affected (if known) and assigned it to a category (a persona). Then I could see if a certain group of customers were more affected or cared more than others (helped with pricing conversations especially).

I don't have a good way of doing that yet here.. so I'm using a "Key Customers" field which is a multi-select and I've populated it with core personas we focus on as a business.

I'm not tracking individual customers, though in the future being able to assign that when known would help with closing that feedback loop on delivery.

My two cents.

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Thanks for that insight @Kasia Karska _HeroCoders_ @Krystal O_Connor here are a few options:

• Multi-select field for each customer as you're currently using. Note that you might start running in to some performance challenges if you add lots of options in this field.
  • Persona field as @Krystal O_Connor suggested
  • Customer segment field with options such as Enterprise, SMB, etc.
  • Feature request count - As a new customer requests a feature, you can bump the field by 1. Alternatively you can make this a 'Revenue opportunity field' that reflects the $ size of the customer. Comments on the idea can be a good way of tracking changes you're making to the field value here.

None of these are perfect though, as a product management team we'll take your use cases into consideration.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2023

@Kasia Karska _HeroCoders_ that's on top of the suggestions already made above by @Rohan Swami 

We are currently improving the select/multi-select fields to behave well with a large list of values. As you mentioned, currently it doesn't work well when there are a lot of values (it's super slow). We expect the improvement to land in the next few days. 

Like Krystal O_Connor likes this
Marketplace Partner
April 11, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson @Rohan Swami that's fantastic news, thanks so much for the update!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2023

@Kasia Karska _HeroCoders_ I just turned on the new version of the multi-select field for you - makes it easier to manage a large list of values in the field configuration (the dropdown for selecting them will still be slow though, we started working on that too). Can you let me know if you see a big improvement? (also need to make sure I turned it on properly for you)

Marketplace Partner
April 13, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson there is! 😍 I can drag and drop items without any issues. #lightningSpeed

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2023

Awesome!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events