Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing fields and linked issues while moving issues from Jira Software to JPD

Sara Di Meglio May 16, 2022

Hi !

I am using a Jira Software project to manage my Product Backlog and I would like to migrate it on JPD but I am loosing a lot of information while moving issues from one project to the other : 

I am using the Bulk feature to move the issue but while doing this

• I am not able to map some native fields (description, labels) and custom fields (public description) even though I have created them in JPD with the same names (or they already exist in JPD)
  • I am losing all my linked issue doing the migration. My linked issue are the feedback and client request that are stored in another Jira work management project and it is super important that I keep those links

Is that normal ? Is there a way to bulk migrate the issues without loosing some information ?

Thanks for your help :) 

1 comment

Comment

Jonathan Hau May 16, 2022

I've had similar problems with bulk "Move". So, I've instead opted to download as CSV the data I want, then Imported as CSV to manually map the fields into the JPD project where I've created those fields.

One thing that I noticed when manually mapping, is that if the header of the field contains certain characters like apostrophe, or quotes, or dashes, it does not map and thus does not import correctly. So you'll need to rename the header of those columns to something generic with only letters and numbers.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events