Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Software road map view in Product discovery

Ahmed Salem February 6, 2023

I really love this tool and would like to suggest some extra features.

I believe we need a road map view like the one we have in Jira software that actually shows also the dependency and more clear timeline which also includes project milestones.

Now, the existing timeline view is really limited and not good enough . Also we created a new field that we use to indicate whether an idea is a milestone or not because we are using the tool also for project management and monitoring the progress of delivering an idea.

So what I propose is:

• Add more friendly and advanced timeline/roadmap like the one in Jira software
  • Add support for new issue type creation or add native support for creating milestones and link them to ideas.

1 comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2023

hi @Ahmed Salem thanks for sharing your feedback, we'll keep this in mind as we take the product forward.

Which 'jobs' are you doing in Jira Product Discovery vs Jira Software? Jira Software handles detailed planning and project management very well, so I'm curious to understand why you are choosing to do that in Jira Product Discovery instead.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Ahmed Salem February 6, 2023

Thanks for you reply @Rohan Swami

My use case is that I created a new project in jira product discovery. Collected ideas and made the assessment and selected the ones that will be in the product.

Then the next step was to create the project milestones, and I preferred to have these milestones in the same project and linked those milestones to the ideas. 

Then for each milestone created deliveries, and those delivery issues are all in Jira software projects.

For us, the milestones approach made more structured way to plan the delivery of the product

Like # people like this
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2023

Ah gotcha - Generally our customers create these milestones in Jira Software which has more flexibility for breaking down the work and supports creating releases. Thanks for sharing your use case!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events