Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Integrated Salesforce Data

Logan Reese December 22, 2022

Hi all, 

Is anyone having issues with Salesforce data pulled into Product Discovery? When a reporter adds an opportunity URL from Salesforce the data that is pulled over (i.e. opportunity amount, customer name, etc.) are shown briefly, but then an "Authenticate" button shows up & no longer authenticates or shows the previously shown data. I seem to be able to "Authenticate" insights that I have created, but information from other reporters does not show up. 

3 comments

Comment

Joost Reijnen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for raising this with us. We have received a similar request recently.

We found there may be an API rate limit on your Salesforce instance. It can be worth checking this out. This can be the cause of the data not being refreshed. You can validate this in SF via Setup > Company Settings > Company Information.

Jira Product Discovery may not give the right message to you when this occurs; this is under investigation and will be fixed if and when we can confirm.

Joost

Logan Reese December 30, 2022

Hey Joost, 

Thanks for the response. I checked with our SF instance & we are far under the limit they gave us for API calls. 

Like KB likes this
Joost Reijnen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2023

Hi Logan,

Happy new year! I see you have also logged a ticket. We will follow up there, and when the issue is resolved, we will also update this community request.

From what I can see now, we may be hitting a different rate limit; I will discuss it with the engineers and let you know.

Thanks,

Joost

Logan Reese January 3, 2023

Thanks Joost, Happy New Year! Looking forward to your engineers response. Also happy to hop on a call to explain further if necessary. It seems that I'm able to Authenticate any Salesforce Insights that I have created, but I cannot Authenticate for anyone else on my team. They are required to come in & do that themselves. As the "owner" of our Product Discovery board it is necessary for me to be able to Authenticate across our organization. 

Like # people like this
KB December 31, 2022

Same here. Only like 5 or 10 items get authorized. The rest remains in error state. 
We also checked the rate limit, which is far from being an issue. 

Like Logan Reese likes this
KB March 6, 2023

Hi, is there any news on this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events