Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Interaction with Jira Service Management and Jira Software

My apologies if these questions have been asked and answered. I am new to Product Discovery and have 2 questions.

1. Most of the idea or product suggestions we get come through our Jira service management project. Is there a way to funnel tickets from a help desk project into a product discovery project?
  2. Once an idea is ready for delivery, is the only option to link it to an epic? Many of our ideas are stand alone tickets and I'd like to be able to convert a product discovery idea directly to a change request or new feature without needing to link it to an epic.

Thanks

2 comments

#2, Yes you can link any Jira ticket to the Delivery section.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this

Great, thanks

Hey @David !

1. Most of the idea or product suggestions we get come through our Jira service management project. Is there a way to funnel tickets from a help desk project into a product discovery project?

I think you'd need to set up some kind of automation to create a new ticket in your roadmap project when some kind of trigger is met on the JSM project.

For example, you could move the JSM ticket to a new status "Feature request". This then creates a new ticket in your roadmap and can be configured to copy over relevant data & link the tickets.

You should also consider the reverse scenario (which probably happens much more often), where an idea already exists and you want to link the JSM ticket to the existing idea. In this case, you'd add the JSM ticket as an insight to the idea, which creates an "added to idea" link on the JSM ticket.

- C

Like # people like this

Chris, I like this idea. We already do this when support tickets are set to a certain status and this triggers the creation of a development ticket.

Hi Drue

We had the same issue and solved it with the automation functionality like that:

image.png

Perhaps thats helps you :) 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you