Interaction with Jira Service Management and Jira Software

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2022

My apologies if these questions have been asked and answered. I am new to Product Discovery and have 2 questions.

1. Most of the idea or product suggestions we get come through our Jira service management project. Is there a way to funnel tickets from a help desk project into a product discovery project?
  2. Once an idea is ready for delivery, is the only option to link it to an epic? Many of our ideas are stand alone tickets and I'd like to be able to convert a product discovery idea directly to a change request or new feature without needing to link it to an epic.

Thanks

2 comments

Comment

Minesh Patel June 18, 2022

#2, Yes you can link any Jira ticket to the Delivery section.

Like # people like this
David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2022

Great, thanks

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2022

Hey @David !

1. Most of the idea or product suggestions we get come through our Jira service management project. Is there a way to funnel tickets from a help desk project into a product discovery project?

I think you'd need to set up some kind of automation to create a new ticket in your roadmap project when some kind of trigger is met on the JSM project.

For example, you could move the JSM ticket to a new status "Feature request". This then creates a new ticket in your roadmap and can be configured to copy over relevant data & link the tickets.

You should also consider the reverse scenario (which probably happens much more often), where an idea already exists and you want to link the JSM ticket to the existing idea. In this case, you'd add the JSM ticket as an insight to the idea, which creates an "added to idea" link on the JSM ticket.

- C

Like # people like this
David
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2022

Chris, I like this idea. We already do this when support tickets are set to a certain status and this triggers the creation of a development ticket.

Elena Geers June 19, 2022

Hi Drue

We had the same issue and solved it with the automation functionality like that:

image.png

Perhaps thats helps you :) 

Like # people like this
Karri Adkins September 28, 2023

I was suggesting this to my product team as it didn't seem accurate to have request automatically created to ensure you don't receive a lot of noise, but what I have not solved is how does the customer receive communications on the status of the request once it now exists in discovery?  Since there is no ability to communicate back and forth as you can in JSM.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events