Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change workflow colors?

Brian Channell November 29, 2022

Iw ould like to change the colors of "Discovery" and "Delivery" labels so they standout more in column views. Can the colors be changed?

Product_-_Jira_Product_Discovery.png

4 comments

Comment

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist November 29, 2022

Hi Brian,

Jira uses the colours to identify the category of the status (boxes in your workflow), which it can be one of the following:

1. To-Do (Gray)
  2. In Progress (Blue)
  3. Done (Done)

When a status is created in Jira, whether it is done manually or while creating a new workflow, the status will be associated to one of those 3 categories and get its colour to match it.

So, the short answer to your question is, you cannot change the colour of a status in a workflow without changing its category and those are the only 3 colours available.

I hope this helps.

Rodolfo

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi Brian,

You can't - These are standard Jira colors assigned to the Status Categories - Gray for To Do, Blue for In Progress, and Green for Done. 

Like Brian Channell likes this
Pete Crocker November 29, 2022

This is a question I had as well, or slightly different version of this. I'm aware colours are mapped to status categories. The feature request would be to be able to create new status categories. For example, I'd like a "Blocked" status (and category).

So the question to the JPD product team, is this a known request, or can it be added to the list to create more complex workflows?

Like Amanda Barber likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

There is a team currently working on standardizing and improving workflows across the Jira family. It would be them that would need to consider it. 

Jean-Emmanuel BANQUEY
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

Hi, surely not posting in the right place but yes I would really enjoy so much a red category for alerting on issues or final error statuses liked blocked, stopped, refused, rejected, won't do... Currently, we set them then in green but quite confusing. Thx

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2022

Hi all - it's not possible to change these colours, the status field is shared all across Jira so we don't want to confuse everyone with having Jira Product Discovery specific things in there. 

However, in your case @Brian Channell I wonder if you should keep using the "status" field (your workflow seems pretty simple) and instead create a separate "Select" field - for which you can easily control all this. 

Brian Channell December 1, 2022

Since the field is fixed, I like your suggestion as the workaround. Thank you.

John Magro December 22, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson is there discussion about adding other another category color such as "Red" for visibility purposes for statues such as BLOCKED which might desire a visual queue to take action on

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events