Filtering ideas by multiple labels

Michael Cawley January 9, 2023

Hi, just finding my way around the new Product Discovery capability.

I have an Ideas board with many different ideas listed. 

I am trying to work out the best way to label/categorise the ideas so that I can filter by more than one criterion.

E.g. in the product I am working on, it's possible to write song lyrics. We have many ideas regarding song lyrics - some relate to useability, some relate to new features for lyrics, etc.

I want to be able to filter my ideas so that I can show only those that are both "lyrics" and "useability", or "lyrics" and "new features".

I currently have multiple labels on my ideas, but when I select to filter the board by e.g. "lyrics" and "useability", I get all ideas that relate to lyrics or useability. I want to show only ideas relating to lyrics and useability.

Is this possible in the current build? I realise I could do an issue search etc. but I want to have access to that in a board, similar to how I would have it in a spreadsheet where I can filter by multiple criteria.

Cheers,

Michael

1 comment

Comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2023

Hi Michael,

You're right, with the current build filters support OR searches but not AND, issue searches are the best option. You can save an issue search to make it easy to get back to in the future though.

Like # people like this
Michael Cawley January 10, 2023

@Rohan Swami thanks for the quick response.

For what it's worth, as a user one of my main requirements is the ability to categorise and slice my feedback/ideas in different ways with multiple criteria.

A filter supporting labels with AND searches would be a great help to me and I imagine to other users too.

That said the Product Discovery module is useful and I'm eager to see how it develops!

Like James Park likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2023

One not-so-great workaround I can think of - it really depends on how many options you have - is to create a separate field of type "checkbox" for each aspect. 

E.g. lyrics: checkbox field, usability: checkbox field

That way you can do a filter on "lyrics:checked and usability:checked"

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 16.26.15.png

The way the filters currently work is to do an "and" between a list of individual filters (each based on a single field). but for each of these filters you can only do an "or" for values in the field

Like James Park likes this
Michael Cawley January 11, 2023

Thank you, that's a good thought - in this particular case we have a pretty large number of categories so this solution won't work for it, but that's good to know. Cheers!

James Park June 28, 2023

Bump. I would also like the label filter to only show ideas with labels X AND Y.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events