Feature Feedback Friday

Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

I'm back with another question, this time about your expectations about voting. 

I'm exploring what a voting/poll field might look like, and I'm wondering what YOU think would be better for your team: voters only seeing their own votes OR voters seeing all the other votes that have been cast in addition to their own (see images below)?

vote feedback.png

In either case, the person who created the voting field would be able to see all the votes and comments. 

What do you think would work best for your team? 

7 comments

Comment

quan July 23, 2021

for us, we value transparency and would want the voter to see their vote and everyone else's vote.  however, to avoid bias, they can see the other votes after they casted their own vote

Like # people like this
Lukas Karrer July 23, 2021

same here, i strongly urge you to display all votes not only mine. evading bias is not really an issue, on the contrary, geeting buy-in and identification with the solution, it halps to se what has been voted prior to casting my own vote

Colin Goudie July 24, 2021

Yeah all votes

Like Lukas Karrer likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

Yeah, I agree with @quan and co. Votes for all. 

Option B

Brian Gumm July 26, 2021

+1 for Votes for All - Transparency is a good thing

Brent Johnson July 26, 2021

I think it may depend on the use case:

Show All User's Votes: This view is helpful when you don't need to worry about bias. Probably most use cases if into this type. We would use this option 90% of the time.

Hide Other User's Votes: This is helpful when you're actively trying together feedback from stakeholders and you want to avoid bias (i.e. when the CEO or a HIPPO is involved). In this view, it would be helpful to show all votes to everyone after the voting window is closed. We'd use this option 10% of the time.

Like # people like this
Jessie Renton July 27, 2021

+1 for this!

Brad Bazemore July 26, 2021

I would like to be able to control that based on the user. For example, if it is an outside person then I would like to hide it to prevent bias based on a number of votes. If it is an internal person or team member I would like them to see.

Urszula Grassl July 27, 2021

One more thought: can this be a toggle option ("All votes visible ON/OFF")? 

I.e. default is ON (every participant can see how everyone else voted) but that can be set to OFF by the author of the poll.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events