Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency management and shifting timelines in Product Discovery

Lukas Lyon May 9, 2023

We currently use a weighted scoring system to rank smaller enhancements to our product. We receive a large volume of these on an ongoing basis, either internally motivated or from clients. We have trouble slotting these into our Timeline view as priorities change; does anyone know of a way to dynamically rearrange the Target Start and End Dates based on shifting priorities? Thanks!

1 comment

Comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Lukas Lyon could you please share a bit more detail on the behaviour you would like to see? Which fields are being changed to drive updates in Target Start and End?

Lukas Lyon May 15, 2023

Sure, we generally have capacity for 2-3 small projects per sprint. We have configured our Timeline view to reflect this, with 2-3 projects per month lasting the full month. We would like to dynamically rearrange them, i.e. if I move something from December 2023 to June 2023, I would like to see that change cascade down so we maintain our 2-3 projects per month. I imagine something like this:

1. Product team configures capacity per month/sprint cycle/whatever

2. If product team slides an idea into a certain month, the system should detect whether or not this puts us over capacity for that month and dynamically adjust the timeline view/start and end dates to push everything else out as needed.

E.g. suppose I have configured my system as follows:

June 2023 capacity: 18 story points, 3*6 SP items allocated already

July 2023 capacity: 18 story points , 3*6 SP items allocated already

August 2023 capacity: 18 story points, 3*6 SP items allocated already

Now suppose I decide that one of the items in August needs to be done sooner, so I move it from August to June. Let's say I drag it to now be the second item on the list for June. I'd now expect the timeline to adjust automatically, pushing the last item in June to July, the last item in July to August, and the last item in August to September.

Cc @Sadie Freedman 

Like Rohan Swami likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events