Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field not showing in other JPD projects

Pearson Fields October 23, 2023

Hi Everyone,

So, my issue is simple: I create a custom (Type: select) field called "Priority" in one of my JPD boards. But when I create a new JPD board and try to add the same field it does not show in the list of fields I can toggle On/off. 

Also, when I try to create the field again in the new JPD board, I get this error

"Field with the same name already exists for this project."

I feel like I'm missing something. Please help :) 

2 comments

matan.grady October 23, 2023

@Pearson Fields the "Priority" field name is a reserved name in Jira.

You should be able to create such a custom field on tue the first project.

You can create something like "Idea Priority" to workaround it

Pearson Fields October 23, 2023

Thank you for your response @matan.grady 

That would make sense but that still does not solve my issue. This means that i have to create a different custom "Priority" field every time i make a new JPD project.

Currently I have 4 different JPD projects with different "Priority" fields names

(Example: Priority Field, Prio Field, Custom Prio Field ect...) .

Is their a way I can make one custom "Priority" field and have that field available in all my projects just like I can in my Jira Software Development boards. (see screenshots)

Andy Lutz October 23, 2023

@Pearson Fields It's not possible currently to share custom fields across JPD projects, since they're "team managed projects" currently (see the first limitation in this FAQ).

The JPD team is looking at this (see comment thread).

Like # people like this
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2023

@Pearson Fields even though you can't share the same field across multiple JPD projects, you can have the same name for the "priority" field in all projects. We had a few JPD projects and many of the fields were the same (same name, same type) in all projects.

We decided to move to a single project, for some other reasons (ability to have a cross roadmap, prioritize and so on).

Like Hermance NDounga likes this
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2023

Hi Pearson, 

As matan mentionned, the "Priority" field name is reserved for the JSW field, and that's why you're getting this "error". 

Now, regardless this naming conflict (that you overcame with 4 different names), you cannot share one field across multiple projects in Jira Product Discovery. 

As Andy mentioned, at the time he asked we were only looking at it, but I can confirm that we are starting to work on it 🚀

We will update the community as soon as we have something to show to collect feedback 👍🏽

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

Like # people like this
Pearson Fields October 24, 2023

Thank you everyone for your response. I'll be looking for updates about this feature. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events