Capture ideas in Microsoft Teams

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

In Product Discovery, I see the instructions for how to capture an idea through Teams, however, I don't seem to have these options. I have Jira for Teams installed, but do not get the "Add Comment" option. I do have a "Comment in Jira" option but this does not let me select a project. It asks me to select a Jira Site and then an issue. I'm not seeing how to select a product discovery project and an idea.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

1 comment

Comment

Joost Reijnen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2022

Hi David,

Have you tried to create a new issue from Microsoft Teams? That should work. Adding a comment is still adding a normal comment to the issue, not as Insight, we are working to close that though. 

It may be that your Teams to Jira integration is not connected to the right site, or that you have an older version of the Jira for Microsoft Teams add-on.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Joost

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

If I select "Create Issue in Jira" it works. I think it's just that the instructions in the product discovery project are not exactly correct, at least not for me. But I know what to do now so I'm in good shape.

Thanks

Joost Reijnen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2022

Hi David,

Thanks for following up. We have planned a big improvement to the onboarding experience, including the instructions, content, and integrations, so we will definitely improve also in this area!

Thanks,

Joost

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events