Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we remove weighting for fields that it was previously added to?

Michael Craft June 6, 2023

My team has really come to rely on JPD and its many customization options that allow us to fine tune a space to our needs. When we first started experimenting with it, however, we were enticed by the idea of weighted fields as a way to help us set priorities and organize our backlogs. 

We have found, though, that for the scale of our business this weighting option isn't being utilized very effectively and the team has begun to ignore it. I was trying to find a way to remove weighting from fields we'd added it to, but I've been unable to find any method for this. 

We could make a new field and remove the old one, but this would affect a lot of our different custom views. Additionally, many of the fields we use are custom fields with a high number of unique options and rebuilding from scratch would be a time consuming endeavor. 

Is there any method available at the moment to remove weighting that doesn't require us deleting the field in its entirety? 

1 comment

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023

Hi @Michael Craft , you can remove weighting entirely from fields, but currently it requires you to open the field configuration and set every weight to "1". Then it goes back to a non-weighted field

Like # people like this
Michael Craft June 8, 2023

That did the trick, thank you!

Tere Pile February 15, 2024

so simple and yet .......... lol I tried 0 :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events