Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Adding new idea when previous idea was labeled inherits label

Pete Crocker July 21, 2022

Possible Bug Report?

Summary: If you create a new idea, it seems to inherit labels from a previous idea

To Replicate:

1. Create "Idea 1"
  2. Tag "Idea 1" with "Label_Blah"
  3. Create "Idea 2"
  4. Magic! It's already got "Label_Blah" assigned to it even though you didn't want this!

Since I don't have another instance, I can't see if this is just me, or a bug others can replicate?

2 comments

Comment

Jonathan Hau July 21, 2022

I don't believe this is a bug. 

I regularly use this feature and find it helpful. It's based off the filtered view that you have so that it reduces the repetitive need to label ideas with the correct labels. 

If you want to exclude inheriting labels from a prior idea, you'd simply create a new view with no filters. This way, none of those labels will get inherited. OR you can try using the generic Jira "Create" new issue button up top, instead of the "Create new Idea" button.

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2022

That's right, @Jonathan Hau!

In addition, Jira Product Discovery will prompt you when you've created an idea that doesn't meet the filters of that particular view, for example an impact score of greater than 3 when you haven't yet set an impact score for your new idea:

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 1.39.56 PM.png

You then are given an opportunity to adjust the fields if you want that idea to show in the particular view: 

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 1.40.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 1.40.44 PM.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events