Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add weighting to the rating field

Yaiza Sanz March 13, 2022

For the rating field, it would be very nice if you could add a weight to each rate. However, weight adding would be nice if you have the freedom to add any number. What happens now with the Bucket option is that you can only select a weight from 1 to 5.

2 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Yaiza Sanz , thanks for the feedback. What would you like to use these weights for? 

Yaiza Sanz March 14, 2022

Hello @Tanguy Crusson

In our case, we use the rating field to measure the technical and business complexity and value, figures that we then use to calculate a final score to assign the idea. We want to somehow differentiate those opportunities with higher ratings by assigning each rating a weight based on fibonacci sequence, something like this:

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 12.06.52.png

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

Thank you @Yaiza Sanz that makes complete sense. We'll need to think about that one, to see how we could do it in a way that doesn't make it complicated in the product

Like andyades likes this
Yaiza Sanz March 14, 2022

Sure, thanks for your quick answer! 

Paolo Pastorino October 14, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson is there any update on this feature?

It would be very important for me too to create a WSJF prioritization metric.

I may create a custom field of a "select" type, but that cannot be used in a formula.

Any other idea or workaround?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2022

Hi @Paolo Pastorino - we haven't done anything about this yet. In the meantime you can use a plain number field - not ideal but that's the only workaround I can think of if rating, slider combined with formula fields don't work for you.

Paolo Pastorino October 17, 2022

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson  a dropdown list but with items that can be used in a formula (thus numbers) would be perfect. Currently, if I am not wrong, a dropdown item is a text one as I got errors when trying to use it in a formula.

A way to enter any Fibonacci sequence would be ideal. Thanks

Like # people like this
Claus Broholm October 27, 2022

I also am looking for an option of choosing a custom weight. For RICE I use .5 and .25 for low and minimal impact. This reduces the RICE score when you put it in the formula as it should.

So you actually already made the UI.

Example for the dropdown when adding the weight. Instead of showing the 1-5 selection just allow to enter a number. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2023

@Yaiza Sanz @Claus Broholm @Paolo Pastorino I just came across this old thread: you can now configure a multi-select field to have custom weights that can be any number - to do exactly what you described

Like Paolo Pastorino likes this
Jason Pecoraro May 1, 2023

Support for adding values to support RICE as defined by Intercomm would be appreciated. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2023

Hi, you can use fields of type "Number" for that. Fields > create a field > Number (or rating or slider). Or multi-select fields with weighting, which now supports custom numbers as per what people asked in this post (which is a bit dated). 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events