Ability to display a custom template based on a custom field in JPD idea submission form

Karthiga Sethuraj May 11, 2023

Hello,

Is there an ability to enable custom templates based on a custom field in a JPD project while creating an idea.

For e.g. Say I have 3 different product lines given below:

1. North America

2. Asia

3. Europe

Step 1: Clicking on create an idea, should display a form with a field to choose one of the above 3 product lines.

Step 2: Based on the product line selected, then display a custom idea creation form (A different Template with different field layout for each product line) with customized view for each of the 3 product lines to submit the idea.

Is the above doable in JPD ? I'm pretty new here. Please advise.

If not what is the alternate solution, is it recommended to have 3 different projects for each product line ?  The down side to this solution is every time when we share the idea portal submission link, we need to provide 3 links which is pretty confusing to users and stakeholders. This doesn't sound like an ideal solution, please let me know if there is a better way to solve my use case described above. It is ideal to have one launch page for all and any idea submission irrespective of the product line and then filter them later by product category.

FYI the above mentioned steps were part of the workflow my organization had configured in "Aha" previously. Now we have made the decision to move to "JPD" from "Aha". We are planning to move to standard plan from free based on the results of the POC that we are doing right now with the tool.

Thank you in advance, appreciate your help with this.

Karthiga

1 comment

Comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Karthiga Sethuraj the full details on this feature in Jira Product Discovery can be found in this Community post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Who-wants-to-try-the-feature-letting-contributors-submit-ideas/ba-p/2323964

Note that it's now live for all customers.

While we don't support your exact requirement, this is our first release of the feature and we'll continue to make improvements on it over time. For now, I would suggest that you provide 3 links to your different groups.

We've noted down your requirement and will keep it in mind as we make improvements to this feature.

Karthiga Sethuraj May 15, 2023

Thank you @Rohan Swami  for the quick response. 
And yes this is a feature which would be really great to have, please keep us posted as and when you prioritize it.

Like Rohan Swami likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events