Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to add PRD to Insights

Gabriel Buck December 15, 2022

It would be great if we could add a Confluence PRD to Insights. When we create product requirements, it is part of discovery, and the PRD document is where we begin our discovery, add watchers, etc. 

4 comments

Comment

Gabriel Buck December 15, 2022

Overall though, I do love this new functionality! :) 

Like Richard Dharmadi likes this
Erin Mihalik December 15, 2022

So you can link the PRD confluence page through page links on an idea or post it as an insight. I've done both. 

Adam Cuzzort December 15, 2022

So far I’ve just added these as a url field, but I agree it’d be nice to have a better way to link confluence pages as requirements. Product discovery is a fairly domain-opinionated use case and a requirements doc is fairly standard. Even just a button or something better than a long url link would be preferable. 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

This is exactly what I've been doing, but also would love to see it link in a different way. We basically combine our spec with a requirements doc as it is, so even just the option to add a custom field that is a button link would be perfect!

Like Richard Dharmadi likes this
Jan-Hendrik Spieth December 19, 2022

even just the option to add a custom field that is a button link would be perfect

Hyperlink field type currently renders page title from Confluence - isn't that very close, already?

But of courses, if hyperlink field supported "smart links", it would be even closer to a "button link".

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2022

Yes - the smartlinks would be great here, @Jan-Hendrik Spieth!

Like Jan-Hendrik Spieth likes this
Jan-Hendrik Spieth December 20, 2022

@Tanguy Crussondoes the team have any plans for "smart link" features for hyperlink fields?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2022

It's not currently planned but this wouldn't be a big change. Today we use the smart links functionality to pull the title of the document. How would having the full smart link help you here? 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

I've been digging into this a bit more and think the current URL is good enough for most views. I think the smartlink card view could potentially be useful when you expand an idea. I'd also love to be able to view the PRD on the Delivery tab when the idea is expanded. Not sure if this is something that can be customized, but I'm not seeing a way to do that.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2022

Thanks @Amanda Barber . one thing we're currently toying with is the idea of having an "artifacts/resources" section with a link to all relevant documents, whether they are PRD in Confluence or designs in Figma. It would make sense for this information to carry over to the delivery tickets too. 

Like # people like this
Gabriel Buck December 21, 2022

This is exactly what I was hopeful for, this would be huge.

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2022

Hi @Gabriel Buck @Amanda Barber would you be able to elaborate a bit more about how you would like it to work?

Gabriel Buck December 16, 2022

Jira Product Update 1.jpg

I imagine you could use the command / at insights and have PRD as an option.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2022

I mostly use the Plan view to see our Spec/PRD. I think Jan-Hendrik's suggestion above about having smartlinks/cards would solve my issue.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events