Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Create Confluence Page and Give it a Dynamic Title with Automation

Emily Eicher August 25, 2022

Hi! I've been really enjoying digging into Jira Product Discovery. I've played around with creating a Confluence page off of automation, but what would be really nice is if we could transfer the title of the Idea or use some other form of dynamic logic to add a title to the page when it's created. Currently, the page only gets the title that I give it when I create the automation, but if there was a way to pull the title of the Idea and input that instead, that would be one less step that we'd need to do manually. 

2 comments

Comment

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2022

Hi Emily, 

It is possible using smart values! 

Instead of writing the name of the page in the rule, simply put {{issue.summary}} in the page title fields. Your page will be created with the summary of the idea as the title. 

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.10.42.png

If you wish to create more of these automated rules, here is the list of smart values you can use in automation rules. 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Like # people like this
Emily Eicher August 29, 2022

Yay! This is great! I had wondered, but wasn't sure. Thanks so much!

Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Hello @Emily Eicher 

I apologize in advance for self-promoting, feel free to dismiss my message if needed, but I'm the Product Manager for the app Elements Publish which I know will help you with this need.

With our app, you can create Confluence pages from any Jira issue, including Jira Product Discovery ideas. Where the app is more powerful than Automation is in the fact that it lets you fully customize the pages you create.

So, in addition to create dynamic page titles from your idea summary, you can also insert any data from the JPD idea inside any Confluence template, and even synchronize any change made to the idea to the page if you want to.

I'm sure this will be useful, don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more information.

Kind regards,

Julien

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events