Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little list of functionality available in Jira Software that I think would be valuable in JPD

Ian Sperry January 3, 2023

Hello all, my team and I are enjoying JPD so far but there are a few things that I have noticed are different from Jira Software which is what my team primarily used prior (still do for delivery though obviously)

• In Jira software, when an issue is mentioned in a Confluence page, a Confluence Pages section on the issue was automatically created below the linked issues. It show all the pages the issue was "mentioned on" and linked them. This was super convenient for it to be done automatically. With JPD now I must created a new field to link a confluence page rather than just mentioning the issue on the confluence page itself. 
  • This isn't necessarily something in Jira software but I think the description templates should be available in automations. I am having trouble with my team knowing which templates to use at which stage or even knowing that they exist. It would help with quality and consistently to make them available to be automatically applied based on any of the existing triggers in automation.
  • I loved the convenience of the quick Assign to me link in Jira Software. It is tedious to have to search my name every time I want to grab something for myself
  • It would be great is the link field type included the Favicon for the URL you are linking the same way it does in the description field. I only realized how often I use that favicon for context as to where the link leads when it's not there. Compare 2023-01-03_13h19_26.pngwith 2023-01-03_13h19_38.png
  • I think someone has mentioned this already in the community but I think it would be useful to allow subgrouping for views. It will allow for better organization
  • It would be helpful for us to be able to create a additional issue types to more easily differentiate types of ideas. i.e. new feature vs refinement
  • I do not understand why an issue can only ever be viewed as within a View. When I send someone a link to an issue, I don't want the View I was in to be copied along with it. Issues exist in many different Views for many different reasons. The view I was in when I copied the link may be irrelevant to the conversation I am trying to have and instead only serves to potentially distract, especially if I am speaking with someone unfamiliar with JPD or Jira in general. When you send a link in Jira Software if doesn't give the recipient breadcrumbs to the board or filter I happen to be in and I prefer it that way. 

I hope this feedback isn't interpreted as a change management difficulty of moving from Jira Software to JPD. But instead I believe these may have objective value for my team and how we use the product and peripherals.

2 comments

Comment

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2023

Great feedback, I've stumbled across some of the described points already 

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2023

These are great suggestions @Ian Sperry thank you! Will add these to our backlog.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Ian Sperry January 4, 2023

@Rohan Swami Another thing I just thought of. With larger teams there is a higher likelihood of duplicate ideas. I love that we can merge ideas including the insights. But I only notice duplicates by chance. 

It would be excellent to have a tool that could help identify potential duplicate ideas based on their names at the very least. This way I can periodically use this tool to check for duplicates and handle the merges. Since whatever logic is written to identify duplicates won't be 100% accurate it would also be needed to dismiss or discard a suggested set of duplicates if we determine there are not in fact true duplicates

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events