A few user experience problems our product managers are annoyed with (1)

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hi,

I would like to share some user experience problems that our product managers are annoyed with, and maybe get some help on these:

1) When creating a new idea within a grouped view, we can only set its summary initially:

JPD10.png

Once I Enter, the idea will jump to a new location, according to the view's groups and sort:

JPD11.png

So I click on "Go to the idea" and find it:

JPD12.png

But now I want to set some of its fields, and one of them is the one that this view is grouped by, which makes the idea jump again:

JPD13.png

And clicking on the "Go to the idea" will bring me back up:

JPD14.png

This is very annoying and time consuming. Might be better to let us fill the information we think is required before moving it around in the view...

2 comments

Comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Thanks, Omer. We agree with you! We're constantly trying to improve the product experience that we offer and it's always a challenge to make the right prioritisation decisions with our limited resources. Appreciate you sharing your feedback, it really helps us make these calls when we know where you're experiencing the most pain.

João Martins May 25, 2023

when creating a new idea you can click the "create" button above in the menu and it will open you an entire box of edition ;) Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 09.07.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-25 at 09.09.51 AM.png

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2023

Thanks @João Martins  you are right. But this Create button is the general Create button of Jira, and not the specific create an idea button of JPD. The team added a specific create button for a reason, and I wanted to give some of our impressions on how it works.

If we choose to stop using it, and work with the regular Create button, that says a lot on the usability of this feature, right? :-)

João Martins May 29, 2023

I understand and agree ! but in fact, in the meantime, the problem can be solved ;)

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2023

@João Martins do you know if there is anyway to configure the screen of an idea using the Create button? @Rohan Swami ?

Some of our PMs would rather use it instead of the "Create an idea" with the jumping around, but we couldn't find where we can configure which fields to show...

João Martins June 1, 2023

I don't believe you can customize it, but all fields / criteria picked will appear to fill when using the "create" button ... I also would prefer to have an area or even a pop-up with the principal fields to fill when creating a new idea #customized ;) 

Like Rohan Swami likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events