Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default idea view is comments?

Ben Arundel December 2, 2022

Hello :) 

Whenever I click on an idea, the right pane opens, but it always defaults to comments. 

Currently, I don't have many comments. I suspect for new ideas, there would be very few comments for most users. It becomes frustrating when going through ideas to have the double-click Idea > Comments > Overview to get to the idea. When I'm showing off the tool to present its value, this is always something that's commented on 👀

My preference would be to show the overview as default for myself. Ideally, id like to set it as default for everyone. Is there a way to do this now? if not, can it be a consideration for the future? 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Ben Arundel (sorry, issues with my previous comments which I've then deleted): 

here's a video response/question: https://www.loom.com/share/5a0e90fa84974edab5abfe3f508b4b3d

Ben Arundel December 2, 2022

Hey @Tanguy Crusson thanks for that video it really clears up how it works and now I understand it I'm not seeing the problem and I can explain that to other people 👍

Mark S_ Rasmussen December 2, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson I've had the exact same frustration as Ben, and with your answer, I now understand how it's supposed to work.

However, I have to challenge if that's really ideal. Often when working on ideas, I'll be moving between overview, comments, ideas, delivery, etc. I don't pay particular focus as to what tab I leave it on, which means when I open new ideas they often open on an unexpected tab which is frustrating.

I totally get the idea of being able to quickly click multiple ideas and see the delivery view for all of them - actually a really nice idea.

However, wouldn't it make sense to "reset" the last tab each time you change view or start a new JPD browser session? Within a single view, it makes a lot of sense. But crossing views, I rarely need to skim ideas on the comment tab - and if really needed, I can ensure the comment column is available, for me to easily click.

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2022

OK @Ben Arundel @Mark S_ Rasmussen we've heard you and have started working on another model which is closer to what Mark's suggesting (your suggestion makes a ton of sense). Stay tuned. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2022

Hi everyone, 

As mentionned by Tanguy last week, we've been working on improving this behavior, and it has just been released! 

The new behavior works as follows : 

• When you open an idea and open a certain tab, you will stay on this tab when you browse ideas within this view
  • When you change views and open an idea: you land on the default "overview" tab
  • When you open JPD in a new browser session and open an idea: you land on the default "overview" tab. 

We hope this change will make your navigation experience better, 

Cheers, 

Hermance

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events